This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive Weatherstock 2018
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harnuth

re: LMB Members in Summit Bands

I stumbled upon this note from Byrcha for last year's Weatherstock IX:

Quote:
Just a reminder ... It was in the application, and we've used the exact same rule in previous years: LMB characters cannot perform in a competition band at the summit. However, LMB players *CAN* perform in a competition band at the summit on a non-LMB alt character (i.e. either in another kin or kinless). LMBers can perform at the summit as part of the LMB Mega Band, since this is not part of the competition.

Silly me; I hadn't noticed that before but I'd guess we'll be continuing the same rule. Of course, Crystal and I are in the Lonely Mountain Band kinship and also in Hearth and Table band. Oops.

Can we just recuse ourselves from the competition and still play at the summit as ourselves? (That's what we'd prefer, but it's not a strong preference. The competition part of it isn't really important to either of us; we just enjoy making noise.)

If that's not a good idea, we can relog to minstrels that we have on the same accounts as our mains and still bask in our 15 mintues of fame on Weathertop. The minstrels are named Rosyld (Crystal) and Eoharulf (Harnuth), and they are in the Hearth and Table kinship.

(Also note that while we are playing at the summit, there will be 3 fewer crebainivorous bears working security. Our loremasters are on the same accounts as the main band members.)

"Alas for peaceful folk everywhere.  It is an enormous task to convince them that evil people with evil intentions will commit evil deeds." --Aragorn
Aedon Durreah
LMB Officer
Weatherstock X

Harnuth, we all know who you are. alt or not. If it were me, I would log in those alts and stay in the competition. You folks have a great sound and deserve to be a full part of the competition. The rule is hard and fast as I understand, even the tricksey BBB never made it to the summit.

Harnuth

Good enough for me, Aedon. We'll follow your advice and get Roslyd and Eoharulf up to the summit.

As a matter of fact, when I mentioned this note to Crystal, she suggested that we get Ros and Eo tuned up in case we wanted them. Sure enough, they did not have their Songbooks configured with instruments.

Amusement: Unexpected Benefit... This means we won't have to change clothes. We can still have our mains dressed in Weatherstock Security garb and just relog all four toons when it's time to play! Happy

More Amusement: While we were doing band practice tonight we also realized that we could just relog to Hearth and Table, The Hobbit Edition and have our bite-size toons playing the tunes. Or even bring on the studio band, although they don't have the costume.

"Alas for peaceful folk everywhere.  It is an enormous task to convince them that evil people with evil intentions will commit evil deeds." --Aragorn
Aedon Durreah
LMB Officer
Weatherstock X

There is always a silver lining.
Hmm Bite sized Hearth and Table.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive Weatherstock 2018 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: