This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive 2013 - News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keli
Event Staff
Weatherstock X

re: Band Setlist and sample

Last year we asked for the Band setlists to try and minimise duplication. Do we want to do the same again this year?

We also took one tune from each to use in a post Weatherstock video - again, are we doing the same this year?

Floradine
Event Staff
Weatherstock X

Setlist: definitively yes. I somehow expect a certain dwarf song would be played by three bands or so. That may be exaggerated but I actually *have seen* two bands (The Chosen Few and Die Meisterbarden von Bree) talking about this song.

About the Weatherstock video... it would be nice to have one. I would volunteer for that if someone would take over the stagemanager job so I am free to roam on the summit.

Asking for a setlist would be a good idea. I'm sure most groups are still discussing what they're going to play, but it's better for everyone involved if we can avoid duplication.

A video would be very nice, although I gather it's quite difficult at Weatherstock. Aegthil's Fool had some trouble with it last year. It's nice to have a recording for the memories and to show in the future, but screenshots with some music playing over could fill a similar purpose. Our primary audience is the people who will be there live. I consider the video lower priority, unless somebody really wants to take on that project. At any rate, even if we do make a video, supplying one music track isn't quite so urgent for the bands right now.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Floradine
Event Staff
Weatherstock X

After reading through the different WS team threads I have to agree that we should focus all effords on the event itself. We are a little low on staff in all teams as far as I can see it.

Weatherstock X

Ellinnea wrote:
Asking for a setlist would be a good idea. I'm sure most groups are still discussing what they're going to play, but it's better for everyone involved if we can avoid duplication.

A video would be very nice, although I gather it's quite difficult at Weatherstock. Aegthil's Fool had some trouble with it last year. It's nice to have a recording for the memories and to show in the future, but screenshots with some music playing over could fill a similar purpose. Our primary audience is the people who will be there live. I consider the video lower priority, unless somebody really wants to take on that project. At any rate, even if we do make a video, supplying one music track isn't quite so urgent for the bands right now.

Venerab has always been able to record a video stream. We might ask her to help out here. Of course, we'll end up with her japanese language UI up occasionally...

The other option is to enlist Merric or Andang. Both have good streaming/capturing set ups already in place. Andang is in Asia timezone, so it is likely the middle of the night (same issue for Venerab) but it never hurts to ask.

--Harper

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive 2013 - News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: