Due to the U11 music bug, we're going to postpone Weatherstock. From what I understand, there is a good possibility that there will be a fix for this bug by June 15th. However, that's not a guarantee, so the following changes in schedule are in effect:
1) Ministock is moved to June 15th, the original Weatherstock date. If the U11 music bug fix is not on live, we will host it on Bullroarer!
2) Weatherstock will move to either July 13th or July 20th. I'll be posting polls in the next few weeks as to which date is best. Please consult with your bands and vote your preference when the poll goes live.
The revised schedule will be posted by Monday, May 20th. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone! Better a delayed Weatherstock than a buggy one!
Six of the people in The Chosen Few are Norwegians, and July is our big holiday time where people often take a trip and do not have access to their gaming computers. I know that at least three of the members are going 'away' this month, and I'm away for the first three weeks of July myself.
But the bug + Weatherstock is a bad combo, so fully understand why ya want to move it. Have ya considered the first part of august then?
The only other possibility I see (and I speak personally not as LMB) is to find another location assuming Weathertop is bugged. We need extensive testing but rumour has it that some areas like Shire Homsteads may be OK so we could have it there for example.
Obviously this is a doomsday scenario but we may have no choice unless we move right out of holiday season.
For what it's worth, I have not yet encountered the bug in Bree-land, when testing there many times after entering Bree-land from Bree-town where the bug is always present. It's the only area I've found so far that was NEVER affected by the bug in multiple tries. It seems fairly reliable.
and i have the feeling that is because the 'layered' code is not implemented in bree-land (its not possible to get layered area there).
Just my hunch though...
So the rose-garden southwest of Bree might be a place...for a 'live aid' concert to support the Weatherstock festival
(and then send a press-release to all gaming news-sites out there with an invite :-) ).
Think we can make that happen in a short time, eh? :-)
I was under the impression that all landscape areas in LOTRO can be layered but that most of the time they don't have the population to require it. Generally only Bree and top level areas have enough people to need layering.
I tested at Bree, outside Bree, Forsaken Inn, and Weathertop. In all locations, I had sound from winds, but none from percussion or strings. This bug is just too squirrely for us to plan to right now. I can well imagine the /regional and /advice channels choked with people angry about not hearing the music. We don't want that kind of Weatherstock.
I sincerely apologize for moving things around, and I fully understand if some bands may need to drop due to the new dates. As a consolation, we will still be holding ministock on the original date. If the music bug is still there, we can even hold that event on Bullroarer--assuming a music fix is in place there.
In the meantime, I encourage all bands to continue to hold concerts, and to ask all their band members and audience members to submit meaningful /bug reports. When a developer can see 20 /bug reports from a single concert, they may find clues as to why some players are more effected than others. This is our chance to help Turbine help us.
Is a true shame that the music system is corrupted from bugs, is a shame that it indirectly forces a event like this to be postponed. I am not very happy about this (ref. my rant on forums)
But since is not fixed yet, and Weatherstock is around the corner, is a high risk to "cross fingers" and hope it will be fixed till 15th june. I know how much organisasion it lies behind big events. I would not be comfortable to just let things fly and hope for the best.
As a musican myself, music is in focus for me. I would be annoyed if I could not hear others, or I could not hear myself , not my bandmembers etc.. The music is way to unstabile atm to take the risk to hope it will work anyway in alternative location. People experience things differently it seems.
I think is wise you postpone it Harperella and co. Like Grymrock say july is vacation time in Norway, so it might cause some problems for some of us in Shades (since a few of us comes from Scandinavia). But regardless if we join or not, ofc I want the best for the event. Is better to be postponed and have a true quality event with fewer people, then host it anyway 15 june with lots people not hearing the music and complaining. It would result in bad experience for many, and wont be a good advertisement for next years Weatherstock.
I will check with my fellow Shaders when the new date is up, and we will try to figure out ways to come and play anyway!
I am sure it will be successful on the postponed date anyway
In the meantime, I encourage all bands to continue to hold concerts, and to ask all their band members and audience members to submit meaningful /bug reports.
"Die Meisterbarden von Bree" will perform their weekly concert on friday at a place south to the southgate of Bree. We've already tested with several toons in groups and everything seems to be fine there. *crosses fingers*
I'll give you an update tomorrow right after the concert.
Berwen Lindariel of Vanyar
Mayie Flower of Landroval
Ok, we sucessfully performed our concert on Vanyar about 1h ago.
Neither we nor the audience had any problems with that silly sound bug. The location was straight through the southgate of Bree following the road south until you hit the little pond in the Chetwood area.
Of course you have to wait with the group invite until the band member is in the same zone (next to you).
Berwen Lindariel of Vanyar
Mayie Flower of Landroval
Yesterday, We (Mornie Alanie) had a concert on the cemetery of Breeland (Belegaer). A lot viewers needed to log-out and log-in again various times in order to hear all instruments. Thus also Bree-land is affected. But I am still hoping, Turbine will provide a fix before July, 20th.
I don't know if it is a solution to play on Bullroar. Too many players, i.e. me don't know that server or how to get access, how to transfer characters and so on. Thus I hope, Turbine will fix it in time!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum