This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive 2014 - Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achazia

re: App: Achazia

The application submitted by Achazia is as follows:

Quote:
BAND LEADERS: Apply on behalf of your band. Approval of your application DOES NOT guarantee a slot at Weatherstock. See Band Selection info below.

BAND MEMBERS: Apply with your band to keep up on Weatherstock developments on this forum.

LMB EVENT STAFF AND OFFICERS: Identify what team you'd like to help with and to access the forums.

What is your role in Weatherstock?:
Band Leader

Band Leaders and Band Members: What band are you a member of?:
The Shades

Band Leaders: Have you performed in public as a band before? Does your band perform regularly? Have you performed at Weatherstock before? Please supply details here.:
We have performaed on Weatherstock twice before. Last year and in 2011 Happy
We have yearly Shades concert on Laurelin where we mix music, stories and musical elements. We do join events now and then when are able. This is everything from Kinevents, wedding, birthdays to Spontanious perfomances such as Prancing Pony jam nights.

Weatherstock Band Application Section (only Band Leaders should fill this out):

Band Registration: Band Registration opens on Monday May 19th and closes on Sunday May 25th.

FYI: Each band will be paired with a "Roadie" from our Event Staff to ensure that the bands are all ready for Weatherstock. Be sure to direct questions to your Roadie, and to answer their questions promptly.

Note: Weatherstock is a competition. Winners will be determined at the summit following the show. One prize will be awarded via an internet vote of all attendees, a second prize will be awarded via an internal vote of LMB members.

There will be no voting-with-feet and no voting-with-hope-tokens this year.

Band Selection: There are 10 performance slots for Weatherstock, to be chosen by weighted lottery. Each band gets 1 ticket for applying. Each LMB Officer may give 1 ticket to a band of their choice. The 10 bands are selected randomly from this pool.

Bands: You are available to perform a 15-minute set anytime during Weatherstock on Saturday June 14th (tentatively 1:00pm-5:00pm /servertime EDT)? Slots will be assigned randomly.:
Yes

Weatherstock Concert Series: The Weatherstock Concert Series are a set of concerts put on during the weeks leading up to Weatherstock. These are 1-hour concerts and preference for these slots will be given to bands that apply for the competition.

Note: Playing in the Weatherstock Concert Series is not required for the competition. This is an opportunity for bands to play a longer set (1-hour vs 15-minutes at the summit).

Bands: Can you schedule a Weatherstock Concert Series performance on Landroval sometime between Friday May 30th and Thursday June 12th?:
Yes

Bands: Please select possible times for your 1-hour Weatherstock Concert Series show (check all that apply).:
Sat Jun 7: Noon-3pm

Bands: Please indiciate which of the above times would work best for you for your 1-hour Weatherstock Concert Series show.:
Friday and Saturday would be best for us, preferable before 3pm

Bands: Do you have a preferred location for your Weatherstock Concert Series show? (low-level areas draw the biggest crowds).:
Well. We played Bree last year. We do love Thorin Halls for some reason!

Multi-boxing: While not prohibited, please be aware that lag can be severe at the summit during the competition, so use multi-boxing at your own risk!

Bands: how many individuals (non multi-box alts) are in your band?:
5-6 people. We dont have any multibox alts.

Band Contact information:

Main Character on Landroval:
Achazia and Abergar

Home Server:
Laurelin

Main Character on home server:
Achazia and Abergar

Bands: Please list a time/place/server that you regularly perform a show:
Bree

Bands: Website (if any):
http://laurelinarchives.org/node/597

Introduce yourself or your band here.:
The Shades started November 2007. It was right after the Book 9 “Shores of Evendim” Update, when the multisync music system was introduced. We decided to create a band and we called the band The Shades. The name was more or less based on our Kinship name “The Shadows”, we thought it would be fun to have some kind of connection, but also because “The Shadows” band name has been used before, someone less important of course ;)

The founder was myself and Abergar. In 2008: Eovina, Semjase and Kosei joined, and in 2010 our last member Erihael joined. We have had several band members during the years. Eovina, Abergar, Semjase, Kosei, Erihael are the ones I consider as key members, and that have been loyal to the band in thick and thin and that are the present members of The Shades today.

We were first noticed when I manage to transcribe “The Bard Song” of Blind Guardian in 2007. There were not so many good transcriber-programs at that time, so I remember I was pulling my hair to get it right in the ABC code. I also had to play the solo-part from scratch on my keyboard, so it was a song I worked on for nearly a week. I did publish the song, besides some Beowulf songs. Suddenly I could hear the songs in every corner of the server, which for me was quite amazing and flattering.

We suddenly understood that the music-system in Lotro was something quite unique. I took the chance to transcribe some of my original songs: “Storm”, “My Dream” and “Nightingale”. I do think this was quite unique at that time, and we got a lot of attention. There were few bands that did multi-synced music with original songs back then.

Massively.com did an article on us explaining the music system and we got interviewed. For us that was kind of surrealistic, as we never thought The Shades not only would be mentioned in-game, but also outside the game. It also came by different podcasts wanting to interview us.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/10/30/lotros-music-system-interview-with-achazia-of-the-shades/

The Shades have done several concerts. There is one concert we do remember very well, it was in Bree Festival ground June 15, 2008. The Concert format we had was also something new, we had along Mugendo (in-game friend) that told stories between the song. We also worked a lot on details like dance coordination, firebreath in sync and smoke rings in sync.

It was a solemn moment when Satine our Community Manager in Europe dropped by as in-game character and held a speech for us and gave us gift. We all truly felt like rock-stars at that moment.

From there we got many request playing at birthday, weddings, even funerals, kin events. We even played in Ettenmoors on a wedding and the audience got slayed by a horde of Creeps one hour later. Funnily enough The Shades were left alone. So I sort of got a feeling how it must have been to play on a sinking ship:)

We have had eight concerts all in all. One concert a friend taped in all it’s length, unfortunately I am not able to find it anymore. But I have a short version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LxDYNk2gg8

We have had one or two concerts per year. This is to make them a little exclusive, and we do not want people to go sick and tired of us Happy

Our last concert we had in our homesteads in Langdell. Our theme was Lady of the Golden Wood. It was a musical about Galadriel. We worked on something new again, changing the Garden items outside. To create different backdrops to the Story. So we had Abergar as narrator. Actors. Original Music. + Lyrics to the song. We used months to practice that. So it should explain why our concerts are seldom hosted.

What more to say about The Shades? Well we play original music ONLY, and we write the lyrics ourselves. We are very consistent in what we do, that is why I think people like us still. There will be no surprises from the Shades. The music is more or less the same as I think people appreciate the Ballade/Melancholy appearance around us. But of course we always work on doing things better and more exciting, we won’t stay status quo. The Shades contains of many music-minded people. We have musicians along and composers. So is not all about Achazia. But also about Abergar, Eovina, Erihael, Kosei and Semjase! If it wasn’t for them Shades would be history I think.

If you want to hear more Shades music or real audio-versions of Shades music. Visit this page: youtube.com/achazia74
If you want to see pictures or more info: Visit this page: http://laurelinarchives.org/node/597

To end this I will mention that In 2011 we won the “People’s Choice Award” at Weatherstock! We were so proud! The excellent organization from LMB (editorial addition: LMB is the Lonely Mountain Band, sponsor of Weatherstock) and all the people that came has really stuck to our minds. This is one of the events that are very close to our heart still.

This year we will join again. We are very proud to be a part of this excellent event. To hear other wonderful bands is a TRUE TRUE privilege! I look forward to it. The awards is one thing, but most important. To meet other bands, see the community and be a part of something as big as this. Is just AMAZING and most important of it all.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive 2014 - Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum