Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive Weatherstock 2017
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollyberye

re: Weatherstock IX Summit Competition Instructions Sent

Hello, all band leaders have been sent detailed instructions for the summit competition via Guild Launch, plus the letter is posted in the band leader subforum. Letting you know in case you are in a band competing and might want to nudge the band leader to read it.

Thank you!

Hollyberye
Skoch

Got it! Tanks Holly!

re: Daft pigs

Thank you for all it's information
Strovar
Band Leader
Weatherstock X

re: Re: Weatherstock IX Summit Competition Instructions Sent

I received this. Thank you Holly!

re: Instructions clarification

Thank you for the clear and very comprehensive instructions!

I have a couple of questions regarding item 6. (avoiding lag-causing actions)

6.a) Are personal emotes by a performer also a risk, such as /dance, /sing, etc?

6.b) Should performers also not use cloaks and cosmetic pets, or is that more of a personal lag risk, and not one impacting the audience?

To be sure, we're in this for the fun, and the fact that it's a competition is way down the list of attractions for us.
In that regard, if anyone playing after us would like our (3-song) set list we'd be happy to provide it to avoid duplication, it you think that would be a problem.

re: Re: Instructions clarification

DurgilAnnestel wrote:
Thank you for the clear and very comprehensive instructions!

I have a couple of questions regarding item 6. (avoiding lag-causing actions)

6.a) Are personal emotes by a performer also a risk, such as /dance, /sing, etc?

6.b) Should performers also not use cloaks and cosmetic pets, or is that more of a personal lag risk, and not one impacting the audience?

To be sure, we're in this for the fun, and the fact that it's a competition is way down the list of attractions for us.
In that regard, if anyone playing after us would like our (3-song) set list we'd be happy to provide it to avoid duplication, it you think that would be a problem.

Thanks for the questions, Durgil.

Singing, dancing, hugging, clapping, cheering--all are grand, welcome and expected.

Cloaks and cosmetic pets do add to the lag, and we discourage them. If the lag becomes very bad, our public service announcements will include taking off cloaks, weapons, etc. We are hoping for a better situation this year, by passing on the Forsaken Inn gathering and summit ride and arrival. As mass amounts converged at once on the summit, lag spikes hugely. Also, last year it was a mass Runekeeper bubble that was deliberately planted to bring down the server. I sent the film of it to the SSG team and many complained, and that skill was changed to raid effect only. So our fingers are crossed that lag is manageable this year.

Thank you for your kind offer and great attitude Happy.
Hollyberye

re: Need to hear from all band leaders, please

I still have not heard from nearly 40 percent of the band leaders that you have read and understand the guidelines and rules for the summit, despite having also written you on your home server nearly a week ago. If you are finally peeking at this forum to see when you play Saturday, please read the letter very carefully, write me who is your Point of Contact(s) on the summit in the backstage chat channel, and give me a list of your band member names (WCS and Summit). If you want to provide more background for your short introduction on the summit, please share that with me, too.

It is very beneficial for first time bands to visit the summit with me for a short orientation on which direction to face, etc. The offer is still open for any band.

The goal is for the competition to run smoothly (with 18 bands!) and knowing what to do and what to expect makes it more enjoyable.

Thank you to the over 60 percent of the band leaders who have been responsive :D! I look forward to hearing from all of you SOON (TM).

--Hollyberye

(PM me on Guild Launch or email me)
Taurgwethil

Dear Holly, thank you for your concern! The instruction is understandable. The answer and the list of members of our group I sent you games in the mail.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Ike Illmore

Is it acceptable for bands to wear cloaks and hats during their performance? Just the kegs and straw hats are part of the Moonshine Wanderers hillbilly image.

Ike Illmore wrote:
Is it acceptable for bands to wear cloaks and hats during their performance? Just the kegs and straw hats are part of the Moonshine Wanderers hillbilly image.

Kegs and straw hats are fine.

The most important items to have off are weapons and cloaks.

We understand a band has a costume and a look--our famed leader and your MC is renowned for her hat, as is the band leader Kenghis Happy.

Cloaks are different than kegs because the former are animate--that is my understanding.
Hollyberye

In this screen shot, the smaller grey rock marks the front center stage for bands. The videographer will sit with the rock just in front of her. Posting this to help the bands situate themselves. Byrcha, your Mistress of Ceremonies, confirms this grey rock marks the front center point.

Forum Image
blakcs

thank you for all those informations
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive Weatherstock 2017 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: