Here is a detailed overview on how the big event will be run. This affects only the 10 bands who will play on the summit of Weathertop on June 14th.
1. The event will be hosted by Harperella. Please pay attention to what she says and react accordingly.
2. We have two Stage Managers this year. Floradine will run the first half of the event until Breakfast Club leaves the stage, then Lhinnthel will take over with getting Die Meisterbarden von Bree onto the stage.
3. All band members are required to /joinchannel backstage. All communication to you will go over this channel or -if necessary- via tells.
4. If you want to sing lyrics to your songs you can do this in the /shout channel. As you know there is the /say bug and people may not be able to listen to you there plus there is a short range. That's why we ask you to post your lyrics into /shout. If you wish you can sing in both channels.
To sing in two channels simultaneously use the following commands in your LYRICAL addon:
/say Lyrics line 1
/shout Lyrics line 1
/say Lyrics line 2
/shout Lyrics line 2
and so on. You will have to click twice per line which needs to get used to so please rehearse that a bit.
In case you win one of the prizes
5. Every band should have one song ready to play if you win one of the two prizes. Maybe you can use the encore you had planned. Harperella will announce you, you get to her to receive the prize and then you get on the stage and play one song.
Timing of your slot
6. The band leader will be contacted by the Stage Manager approximately 5-10 minutes before your performance starts. You will be asked to get ready and go behind the stage at that point in time. After the previous band leave the stage you should immediately take it and get ready to play your first song while Harperella does her introduction. When the intro is finished you begin to play and the timer runs.
7. Your overall timeslot is 15 minutes long and starts right after Harperella introduced you to the audience until you end your gig, get applause and leave the stage. This leads into a net playtime of about 13-14 minutes for you. Make sure you choose your songs accordingly to fit into this 13-14 minutes timeframe and don't forget to count in instrument changes into that time. Basically this allows for (e.g.) two 4-minute songs and one 5 minute song with quick instrument changes but you can play whatever combination of songs you want. We recommend to use the 13-14 minutes to your advantage but -again- stay within that frame. See the section about penalties and fairness. The stage manager will stay in contact with you during your performance and keep you updated about the ticking clock after each of your songs.
8. If you run into trouble due to a disconnect of a band member inform the Stage Manager asap about it so we can bridge dead air time with the LMB megaband playing a song or two until you solved your problem. We may decide to push you back in the schedule and get the following band onto the stage instead to buy you more time to sort your problem out and be able to relax again
9. Interruptions of your slot due to disconnects do not count into your playtime if you decide to stop playing. If you continue to play regardless of a DC that's up to you and the clock keeps running. Again, if you decide to interrupt your performance send a tell to the Stage Manager so they can stop the clock and handle the situation. In any case you can replay the interrupted song after your issues are resolved.
10. Bands who deliberately run over their time slot may be punished with a vote reduction depending on the case or can even be disqualified. The actual penalty is on sole discretion of the LMB.
Fairness and fun
11. Bands who badmouth another band or are in any form unfair to any other band may receive a vote penalty or disqualification on discretion of the LMB. Yes, this is a competition but it's not a death race. Good sportsmanship, fairplay and respect is granted by us and expected from you.