This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive 2013 - News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Aldekim
LMB Officer
Weatherstock X

re: Publicity

Hey everyone. I will be doing some of the early publicity for Weatherstock V this year. I hope to get the word out about your pre-Weatherstock Concerts so try to let me know as soon as a date and/or location for your concert is set.

I would also like to post some public notices in the various lotro server forums so let me know if you are based on a server other than Landroval and I will be sure to post some notices on the lotro forums for the specific server you come from. (Hopefully this will encourage players from your home server to create Landroval alts to attend the big show and vote for you in the "voted for by the public" awards)

Any additional details about your band, it's members, it's history (especially concerning past Weatherstock appearances and awards) or anything else you consider noteworthy would be appreciated and I will try to use such information in publicising your concerts.

Please feel free to post such information here in this topic, or send me an IM if you want to keep some degree of secrecy about any of it.

You can also send information to me in game on Landroval to my name (Aldekim).

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Chastine_BaneJones

By 'pre-show concerts' am I right in assuming you mean the concert series? How are we scheduling that?

I feel like it might be a good idea to have the pre-show concerts added to the calendar, to avoid overlap and/or just for planning in general. As for information on DTMF, you can get any info here (http://weatherstock.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9354010&gid=316072), and of course feel free to ask me via pm here.

As for FoS, most of Miri's info is on this page (http://weatherstock.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33544914&highlight=&gid=316072#33544914), and I'll speak to her about forming a more cohesive format for both, which will of course include both bands. Happy

Another question: Will there be a band interview this year? If so, when should we be expecting the question list, and/or to be interviewed ingame?

Weatherstock X

Chastine, major coordination duties have just been proposed by Harperella today and have yet to be confirmed except for me accepting a role of getting promotion going.

Tentatively Keli has been asked to coordinate concert series schedules. I have asked him to take a look at your request here.

No real guidelines have been set as to what is expected of me regarding early publicity, but I am naturally inclined to do as much as I can. I will take a look at the links you provided over the next day or two andd get back to you with any questions I might have.

I'm thinking I will atttempt to do fairly extensive reports within the Lonely Mountain Free Press and the Lotro Weatherstock/ Player Events topics. You will need to work out a date for your pre-Weatherstock concert with Keli. Hopefully that will happen soon, so I can run my reports after I have a date available to include in the report.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Aldekim
LMB Officer
Weatherstock X

Initial publicity has been done on servers for "A Rock", DTMF/FoS, RKO and Chosen Few. Copy is in place for the next round and will include Andunie, Die Meistebarden, Breakfast Club and the Songburrow Strollers.

Information is a bit scarce for Animal House, Shades and Mornie Alantie, so I hope someone from those bands (perhaps with encouragement from their roaide) will be posting some info. I have enough to do a small piece on Mornie Alantie, but would like a bit more. For the other two there is really very little.

I'm hoping the Concert Seriues dates and locations are posted a few days in advance so I can get something published for them.

Aldekim
LMB Officer
Weatherstock X

I have now received substantial information about the Shades. Thank You.

Aldekim
LMB Officer
Weatherstock X

Just so you know my intent. I posted publicity about 4 bands on various forums this week. (specifically the forums for the servers these bands are from) I will do similarly next week for another four bands, and the following week I will coiver the last few bands.

My idea is to put something up each of the next few weeks on the overall lotro player events forum and stretch out promos on specific server forums until each band I have substantial information for has been covered.

After that I hope to fill in with promos for the various Concert Series Concerts as they are announced and performed.

Subcreator

I've just signed on with the new My Middle-earth site LOTRO Players to do my music related news and event write up posts there. (LOTRO /Music will continue to be a database for files and information.) I was considering doing some posts about the Weatherstock bands leading up to the event. Would that be ok or would that conflict with your coverage?

Weatherstock X

Subcreator wrote:
I've just signed on with the new My Middle-earth site LOTRO Players to do my music related news and event write up posts there. (LOTRO /Music will continue to be a database for files and information.) I was considering doing some posts about the Weatherstock bands leading up to the event. Would that be ok or would that conflict with your coverage?

You should feel free to post Weatherstock material any time.

I didn't send you copy for the site last week, because no new copy had been posted for a couple of weeks and it looked like you had decided to let the idea go. Any of my material is available for your use any time you want to use it.

Subcreator

I did give up on the idea for a while. I had decided to leave the game because, to be honest, I got really depressed for a while due to this music bug. All I could think about was how they had destroyed my ability to do the things I most love in this game. But I've recovered and decided maybe I shouldn't give up so easily. wink So I'll still be doing news posts on LOTRO Players. Probably starting next week. But I also wanted to do some separate ones devoted to Weatherstock.

Weatherstock X

Subcreator wrote:
I did give up on the idea for a while. I had decided to leave the game because, to be honest, I got really depressed for a while due to this music bug. All I could think about was how they had destroyed my ability to do the things I most love in this game. But I've recovered and decided maybe I shouldn't give up so easily. wink So I'll still be doing news posts on LOTRO Players. Probably starting next week. But I also wanted to do some separate ones devoted to Weatherstock.

That is great news Happy

Floradine
Event Staff
Weatherstock X

Subcreator wrote:

This is such great news, dear Fionnuala, you have been missed sorely by this hobbit. *hugs*

If my asumption about the meaning of Sapiences tweet is right and if you wish to we maybe could give you a slot at Ministock, Because you belong to this community and we want you amidst of us. At least I would want that.

Weatherstock X

Indeed! We could offer you one of the two LMB concert slots for Ministock.

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, Ingolemo is no longer interested. And we're now going to be out of town on the date of Ministock.

Weatherstock X

Today I posted a second round of Weatherstock Band introductions on the Lotro Player Events Forum and on various servers that are the home of the bands presented. Today included a presentation on Vanyar a German Language server. I do not speak German (beyond just a little from my high school years) and the document being several pages in length with a lot of non-standard usage English I was not willing to trust it to a translation program. I did include a simple introduction in German apologizing for making the presentation in English.

Three bands remain for coverage next week. The Shades, who have sent me some fine material for that post, Mornie Alantie, for whom I have a couple of brief paragraphs (but could use a bit more), and Animal House, for whom I have almost nothing, their application being very sparse on detail.

If representatives of Mornie Alantie and Animal House could get back to me with some information about their bands it would be really helpful. Roadies, perhaps you could nudge these bands if you get a chance. If not I will just go with what I have.

Aldekim
LMB Officer
Weatherstock X

An updated German language translation of the information about Die Meisterbarden Von Bree has been posted to the Vanyar server.

I hope the translation is not too poor.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive 2013 - News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: