This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive 2013 - Ministock Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chastine_BaneJones

re: Several questions

1) When are the bands playing/what are the available timeslots?

2) Where will this event be held?

3) How long are our sets expected to be/how long can they be?

4) (and most importantly) Is this still happening?

I know everyone's stressed out over the U11 bug, but this event is just two weeks away, and I have yet to really hear anything concrete about it! (/nervous confused )

Thanks in advance, guys!

Weatherstock X

Chastine

Ministock is still currently planned for June 15th, hopefully The Gods of Music Bugs will smile upon us.

It is not a concert performance by the bands however, that will follow in the, roughly, 2 weeks before Weatherstock when each band will play full sets (Weatherstock Concert Series).

Ministock is a rehearsal, run through procedures etc - I'll let Harper explain:

Ministock (June 15th) is going to be a combination of concert/party/soundcheck/dry run of Weatherstock. Here's what I envision:

1:00 - Gather at Forsaken Inn for welcome and intro
1:30 - Mounted walk to Weatherstock
2:00 - LMB Concert slot
2:30 - Sound checks
3:00 - LMB concert slot
3:30 - Sound Checks
4:00 - Practice closing
4:30 - Open Mic (Ales and Tales style)

During the event we'll be practicing every aspect of Weatherstock: Security, Vending, PSAs, using appropriate channels, getting on/off stage quickly, dealing with griefers, supplying missing musicians. We'll also be firming up commitments on Weatherstock Concert Series and finalizing the whole schedule.

That's the plan at the moment. It may all change of course Happy

Chastine_BaneJones

Thank you for the information.

To be honest though, this is getting really frustrating, because I keep seeing conflicting/overlapping information in multiple places. Here's another question for you: Is Ministock going to be held on Bullroarer or Landroval?

Weatherstock X

It's not so much conflicting/overlapping information as the fact that the music bug forced uncertainty into the plans. Bullroarer was mentioned as a possible backup; in fact Bullroarer is not up anyway.

The plan is for June 15th on Landroval. What happens if the music bug is not fixed by then is not for me to answer.

Harperella
Event Staff
Weatherstock X

If the music bug is not fixed for Ministock, then we'll soldier on with our known workarounds. It may not be optimal, but we're there to rehearse many aspects of the concert, not just the sound of the bands.

--Harper

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weatherstock Forum Index -> Archive 2013 - Ministock Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: